I didn’t know how much I was really going to use my Pi so I didn’t want to spend much money on it. I got it with a cheap case from http://www.modmypi.com then scrounged the other parts from elsewhere:
- Display – my TV
- HDMI cable – already had for plugging laptop into TV
- Keyboard (with mouse trackpad) borrowed from my friend to set the system up
- Ethernet cable from my friend
- Power cable – the USB mains charger from my Kindle
- SD card – 2GB one from my camera, reformatted (had to buy a replacement so I can take photos!)
The keyboard was just a temporary thing because I now SSH/Share Screen into my Pi from my MacBook. I also bought a USB wireless adaptor, so I don’t need the ethernet cable but I keep it plugged in for streaming TV.